One of the advantages of living in Trivandrum is the multitude of cultural events which the government brings in. They usually start with Onam, but this year, there is another colorful event coming up – the National Livestock Show and Food Festival. Not exactly an inviting name for an event, but it promises to be a wonderful occasion from July 23 to 27, 2010.
The what promises to be a spectacular show will happen at Kanakakkunnu Palace and include exhibition of various Indian and exotic breeds of livestock, pet animals and birds, sales and cultural events. For the gourmet, there is a food festival for savoring ethnic foods of Kerala and from other Indian states.
Here is the list of events which may be be of interest:
- Cultural programs on all days at 6PM
- 2 PM Cultural Pageant (Starting from Central Stadium, via Secretariat, Statue, LMS & reaching Kanakakkunnu)
- 4 PM Inauguration of National Livestock Exhibition & Food Festival at Nishagandhi Auditorium
- 6 PM Cultural Evening
- 2 PM Equestrian Events(Chandrasekharan Nair Stadium)
- 4 PM Elephant Rally
- 2 PM Parallel Programme – Dog Show, Fun with Pet, “Pick up a Pup” Programme (Kanakakunnu Grounds)
- 4 PM Performance by Police Dog Squad
- 10 AM Equine Show
- 6 PM Cultural Night