(Update 20-Feb-2011: The more recent update on voter’s list is available here).
The Chief Electoral Officer, Kerala, has published the draft electoral rolls online. This roll will be used in the forthcoming local body elections. The list is now available online. Here’s how:
- Goto the official site - ceokerala.com.
- Selecting your assembly constituency in Draft Electoral Roll – 2010. Note that some constituencies have been reorganized. For example, there is no longer a Thiruvananthapuram North, East, West. There is only one Thiruvananthapuram; others have been merged into Kazhakkoottam, Vattiyoorkavu and Nemom constituencies.
- Government being government, it confuses by giving only your polling booth and even more confusingly, a part of it (like the North end of PP Govt. school). Ask your folks at home if you don’t know.
- Open the PDF once you find your booth. Luckily, the PDFs have (in the first page) the range of ward and house numbers contained in it – so that should make it easier to make sure this is indeed the required PDF. If your house number is not in this range, open the next PDF. Open. Check. Repeat. Until found.
- Browse to your name. The list is ordered by house number. Thank the guy who implemented the ORDER BY clause in a database.
- Feel proud.
In case your name in not listed, you may need to contact your Taluk office. In reality, it is easier to get in touch with your resident’s association, or better still, your local politician. In this case, they are remarkable helpful.